Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Pissed Off Letter To guitar center

So I answer five questions on a website and you know I am not capable of selling drums? What is up with that? I love going into a guitar center and buying stuff. I always got the impression that it was a great company. Everyone is nice, so, I figured that the people who run the company must be pretty cool too. I guess I was wrong. You know, this is the kind of small minded stuff that turns people off to big business. I'm not even sure I want to spend another dime at your stores. I guess I could just be over reacting and you might have a perfectly good explanation, but I'm pretty sure I will not get one. So, you can just completely disregard this email and not expect to see another red penny of my money. That probably doesn't mean much and I may never make enough money for it to mean anything to a big company like guitar center, but you never know.

Can I give you some advice. The world is changing and the way business was run for last twenty-some-odd years isn't going to work anymore. What I see happening in the near future is a return of the community. People live so spread out from each other. We thought this would bring greater privacy and freedom from the judgmental values of others. But, all it brought was a sense of profound isolation and loneliness. Now, you might be asking, "what does this have to do with guitar center?" Well, as people move back into small communities again, which is already happening in places (communities with their own, self contained downtowns), it will leave less room for bigger businesses. BALDERDASH! You might protest. But I say that this one little shift in the culture is what could mitigate many of the biggest problems that we face today.

If this makes any sense to anybody reading you should check out my blog @ geofftopia.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home