Saturday, April 07, 2007

Another Stupid Observation

Have you ever called a friends cell phone and gotten the voice mail message starting with: "Hi this is philosphically ignorant. I'm not here right now please leave ..."

Yeah I've heard that one many times and thought, "you're not where? It's a cell phone, are you in the next room. Is you're phone nine feet away on the love seat and you're on the sofa...maybe the lazyboy?"

This brings up another philosphical quandry: where is here anyway. I know it is physically impossible for you and cell phone to share the same space at the same time, didn't we all learn that in science class? The existential imlications are mind melting.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's nothing that can't be resolved by more cowbell.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

Eh, it's idiomatic. Get over it. If you're going to get all uptight over every idiomatic expression in the English language, you're going to have a lot of sleepless nights. Just ask Fred.

My peeve is when people, talking on their cell phones, ask the other person "Where you at?" Grammar is much more fun to obsess over.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Judy Bosco said...

Man, the things people obsess about these days.........

11:06 PM  
Blogger Geoff said...

I guess this wasn't as funny as I intended...or you people just don't get me...most likely a combination of both ;-P

2:22 AM  
Blogger Judy Bosco said...

I got it....you forget we have the same sense of humor.....:)

6:41 PM  
Blogger Adrianne said...

And I, of course, have my father's sense of humor :-P Couldn't I have gotten his clear skin instead?

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home