Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Dirty Old Men

Yeah, I know it's been a while. I was listening to Glenn Beck this morning and he was talking about all these novels coming out for young teens that contain sexual content. He read a story which mentioned a book series called "Gossip Girls" and some others. Now I don't know how much of the content of these books is really inappropriate, I haven't read them, but here is what I do know: they were produced by a bunch of dirty old men in business suits who get off on ruining the innocence of young teenage girls. How do I know? You might ask. Because I have a dirty old man inside of me. And here is a secrete ladies: so does every other man. That being said, most of us manage to keep him inside and realize that the evil part of us is just that. But, there are some who just can't keep it inside. I mean why should they? Who is to say it is wrong to market books, with tag lines like, "No one wants to go to college as a virgin", to twelve year old girls? I think it G.K. Chesterton who pointed out the irony in this kind of thing. A man throws sexual morality out the window and he ends up bowing at the alter of innocence. Even the innocence of a child. In other words he reviles purity and ends up a twisted man going to the ends of the earth to find it, but when he does he's so twisted with hatred he can do nothing but destroy it. This is the reason why a guy lauds the sluts but when a nice girl walks in the room the whore loses her appeal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home