Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm All In

I'm reading Doyle Brunson's Super System (for purely educational reasons((yeah right))) and the first paragraph of the no-limit hold'em chapter he tells a story about how when you see a guy playing very conservative (tight) you would tell him, "You're gonna go like Broomcorn's uncle." The player would respond sharply, "Wadaya mean?" "Well, he anted himself to death."

Yeah that's me. What the hell am I doing anyway? I'm 27. I don't have a job (that's a story for another post). Never had a girlfriend. I still live at home.

I guess it's just taken me this long to realize that being brilliant isn't enough. I kept hoping that I would just keep doing what I'm doing and eventually someone would notice. Like, I would just happen to be in the right place one day and I would say the right thing in ear shot of the right person and he'd be like, "Hey you're a genius. Here is a $1,000,000.00 and a private room, where you can sit on you ass all day to think up brilliant stuff."

I never thought that would happen but it took me a long time to realize I seriously wished it would happen. But I know that if I had anything happen close to it, I would have to start building something before; not after. I would have to take some risks. "You're sittin' on a winning lottery ticket and you're to much of a @#$%! to cash it in!" says Chucky to Will in Good Will Hunting.

Well this blog was step one. My next goal is to get my own band together. I have a bassist who's down. I just need a drummer, (I know who I want, I just have to find him) and maybe another guitarist or keyboard player. I'm also thinking, vaguely, about doing a one man show. Some kind of mix of music comedy apologetics/philosophy. I'm thinking about a setting in a small fictional town. A town that is completely isolated, where I can create a microcosm of my entire world view.

Anyway, I hope my friends read this and hold my feet to the fire. I tired of saying I 'm gonna do stuff and then finding excuses to not do them. I'm all in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home